Midlands Photography Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friends of the Elderly third annual Good Old Heads photographic exhibition

Go down

Friends of the Elderly third annual Good Old Heads photographic exhibition Empty Friends of the Elderly third annual Good Old Heads photographic exhibition

Post  shphoto Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:25 am

Calling All Amateur Photographers

Friends of the Elderly is looking for entries for it's third annual Good Old Heads photographic exhibition.

The theme this year is close up photographs of 'Young and Old Together'.

"The popularity of this exhibition is growing every year" says Dermot Kirwan, spokesperson for Friends of the Elderly, the Irish charity that visits the elderly in their homes.

"We want the photos to show the mutual regard that is natural between the young and the elderly. Photographs of young and old enjoying each other's company are seldom seen in the media. We hope this exhibition will remind us all that our elderly should be at the heart of our communites and that we have a lot to thank them for. All we need love, that will be the message from this exhibition" says Dermot.

Head and shoulder shots preferred.

The exhibition will run from 17th April to the 24th April in the Central Library, ILAC Centre, Dublin 1.

Prizes will include a family weekend in a luxury hotel and shopping vouchers.

Photographs can be e mailed to dkirwan@friendsoftheelderly.ie or posted to Dermot Kirwan at Friends of the Elderly, 25 Bolton Street. Dublin 1.

For more details contact Dermot at Friends of the Elderly.

Friends of the Elderly
25 Bolton Street
Dublin 1
01 8731855
087 7771448
dkirwan@friendsoftheelderly.ie
www.friendsoftheelderly.ie

Friends of the Elderly is a registered Irish charity and a volunteer based organisation working to alleviate loneliness and isolation among elderly people. We organise home visits, social outings, short holidays. Our core belief is that above all, we need love.

"One thing stirs me when look back on my youthful days; it is the fact that so many people gave me something or were something to me without knowing it. Such people had a decisive influence on me. They entered my life and became powers within me. Much that I should not otherwise have felt so clearly or done so effectively was felt and done because I stood under the sway of these people. Hence I always think that we all live spiritually by what others have given us in the significant hours of our life....If we had before us those who have been a blessing to us, and could tell them how it came about, they would be amazed to learn what passed over from their lives to ours." An extract from : Memoirs of Youth and Childhood by Albert Schweizer
shphoto
shphoto

Back to top Go down